Monday, December 21, 2009

WOD 122109

Seven rounds for time of:
10 Single Leg Squats, Alternating
12 Ring Dips
15 Pull Ups

Completed : 28:06

*--
Finally! I can do single leg squats with my left leg. Partially i have to thank Kai Bin, Cris and Andrew for 'forcing' me and giving me tips on how to get the balance right. It took me a fucking long time to complete the work out and didn't help when there were MORE pull ups and ring dips to crank out! But fun nonetheless. Some call me masochistic, but I love how the pain seeps in during the next day and the ache makes me feel alive. When i scrap skin off my shins or skin off my palms, I stare at the blood pouring out and take a sip from it and give out a little feral growl and hit the workouts HARDER!

As it's my 26th birthday today, I shall revisit my previous post and goals which i had set myself in August and how 'far' i've come since then.

1. Run a 10km marathon
FAIL. I haven't run a 10km but i've been able to run about 8km's without feeling obtusely tired so I think I should be able to hit 10k's but a goal is still a goal and i have failed at this one.

2. Work harder in PushMore and get at least a 10% improvement rate in completion time
COMPLETE. My time has improved quite a bit and I feel better and with less of the puking feeling coming over me. Most of the workouts don't scare the shit out of me and hopefully I can head out to be among the 'Sifu's' in the gym come next December.

3. STOP Smoking by 21st December 2009
COMPLETE. So far so motherfucking good. I'ts been nearly week of not touching them friendly sticks but it doesn't seem too bad for now. I feel like eating more though. Which isn't a very good thing.

4. Crossfit even though I am unable to work out in PushMore. No excuses and no turning back!
COMPLETE. Traveled quite a bit and i've been doing hotel room travel crossfit workouts to make sure that i don't fuck up or suck up when I've come back.

5. Do muscle ups!
EPIC FAIL. How to do muscle up when I can't even kip properly... CHAU HAI!

So in retrospect. I completed 3 out of the 5 small goals that i set myself which isn't that bad. But personally, I feel I could have done better and that i shouldn't have run away from the marathons with 'work' excuses when i actually took days off work to hit the gym when i got bored with work. Still the amazing thing in this 7 months is being inspired constantly by the crazy monsters in the gym and the other ma'fuckers in the gym who hit the workouts no matter how fucked up it is for them and COMPLETING it. It's just humanizing and very humbling. On a good note, I have lost about 15lbs and have gotten tighter and leaner. The funniest thing about my journey through Crossfit is how i realized that by pushing myself and training is how far i've come and how i'm able to know myself even more. It's weird, i never ever thought it would be possible when i read about it but fuck yeah, you realize what you're capable of the harder you go on yourself. I finally understand what the difference of 'working out' and 'training' is now.

thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment