Sunday, November 8, 2009

WOD 110809 Istanbul Golden Age 2

“Ice Cold Turkish Ten”
10 Rounds For Time Of :
10 x 7 meter swim
10 burpees

Completed : 31:12

*--
Since the sister hotel had a gym I figured that I’d do some Man Makers and Snatches but once I got to the gym all I found was home gym equipment with rusty weights and a treadmill and NO free weights. So I took a little walk to the indoor pool and hey you know guess what bruv I’ts a 7m by 7m pool. So I thought, fuck it I’ll just do 10 rounds of 10 laps when the Turkish ex-boxer masseur tells me, “You sure you vant to svim?” and I say “Yeah what’s up?” to which he replies “It’s cold no. Going to be winter, heater no work” and while I was trying to digest his somewhat contradicting words I mutter, “There’s two people swimming in there!” and he gives me THE MOST nonchalant face and explains, “Oh they Russian, is no cold. I don’t know thez Russians. They ok with cold!”

Anyway, I thought I’d blaze through the so called ‘short’ 7meter WOD but the ICE cold, I kid you fucking not. The ICE Cold water was fucking with my body and gave me the some sort of negative effect and I thought that I was going to just numb up and wither down the bottom. And towards the 2nd Round of the burpees I was actually thinking of just forgetting the whole workout because it was too cold and a bunch of other useless excuses although it was seriously ice cold. However I remembered a few of the PM’ers always saying that a DNF is forever and you always gotta push yourself! So there I was freezing my nuts off and wanting so badly to find a reason to quit the workout while I looked into 4 walled icy oblivion with 2 hairy Russian men. Well, as stated, I completed the workout after 32 minutes and I felt good that I didn’t quit but I felt like a pussy for dick bitch for whining. Gotta pick it up boy.

On a side note, I think that my strength levels would have been dropping as I’ve not been able to use ANY weights and I’ll be doing 11 burpees every day as part of my 15 day burpee challenge until I reach Malaysian soil. Heh!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAH DAMN BRO ! ICE COLD. HOPE YOU FEEL YOUR NUTS ! KEEP IT UP AND BRING ME BACK A SOUVENIR FROM ISTANBUL. SOMETHING THAT DEPICTS STRENGTH. AHAHAH missing you in pm. workout hard and safe!

    ReplyDelete